"The Periop 101 course is the gold standard to periop nursing orientation. It's the only way to go, especially nurses that are new to the OR. It's well worth the money."
The Periop 101 Achievement Pin is an award Periop 101 Administrators can present to students who successfully pass the final exam. AORN is now offering a Preceptor pin for purchase. This is a great way to acknowledge the time and effort that Preceptors contribute to your program. Pins are $10, which includes shipping and handling.
Pamela A. Matzke, RN, BSN, CNOR
Your Source for Periop 101 Information, Documents, and Tools
Periop 101 Resource Central is intended to assist, support, and meet the needs of those interested in Periop 101. The resources below will provide you the benefits of Periop 101 and assist you in implementing Periop 101 in your facility. If you have any questions after reviewing the resources below or if you would like an individualized ROI, call us at 800-755-2676 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Periop 101 2013 Order Form - Only for first-time agreement purchasers and renewals
- Periop 101 Extra Seat Order Form - For Periop 101 customers who purchased Periop 101 after January 1, 2013 and want to purchase additional seats.
- Periop 101 Additional Seat Order Form - For Periop 101 customers who purchased Periop 101 on or after July 1, 2011 and want to purchase additional seats.
- Periop 101 Supplemental Seat Order Form - For Periop 101 customers who purchased Periop 101 before July 1, 2011 and want to purchase additional seats.
- PC Specs - Provide minimum system requirements for hardware and software for computers used to take this online course.
- Periop 101 Information Packet - Includes an introductory letter, product description, list of 25 student learning modules, required textbooks and recommended videos, terminology definitions, pricing schedule, FAQs and more.
- Periop 101 Demo - allows you to preview the course and the learning components included in the course.
- Informational Presentation - You can download this presentation to assist you in detailing the benefits of Periop 101 in your facility.
- Perioperative Orientation Resources - A guide to orientation, recruitment, and retention
- Primer for Perioperative Education - AORN encourages perioperative nurses to collaborate with schools of nursing to utilize the surgical setting for clinical observation and experience. Perioperative settings provide numerous opportunities for nurses to showcase the nursing process to meet the unique needs of patient undergoing operative and other invasive procedures. This primer has been designed with several components, including a Power Point presentation, to help prepare perioperative nurses to approach schools of nursing with an organized and effective presentation that will encourage future collaboration and the opportunity to give students a taste of the perioperative experience.
Periop 101 Required Textbooks and Recommended Videos
In addition to education included in the learning modules, there are two required textbooks for Periop 101 as well as several recommended resources.
Required Textbooks: When you purchase the Perioperative Textbook Package there is a 10% discount included in the package price.
AORN's Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices is also available in other formats.
Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery
Recommended Resources for Periop 101
Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference
There are 30+ recommended videos titles to enhance the learning experience. AORN and its partner, Ciné-Med, offer significant discounts to Periop 101 customers who purchase the video titles in CD-ROM or DVD format. To purchase the perioperative video library, visit Ciné-Med's website.