Deep Vein Thrombosis
The goal of this module is to provide perioperative nurses with reliable practices to reduce the potential for patient harm as a result of DVT.
- Identify features of a health care organization-wide protocol for prevention of DVT.
- Identify DVT risk factors included in a preoperative patient assessment.
- Identify perioperative considerations regarding mechanical and pharmacologic prophylaxis.
- Identify items to include in preoperative and postoperative patient instructions.
- Distinguish between the types of health care organization policies regarding DVT.
To receive 1.7 contact hours for this course you must achieve mastery of the content and submit an evaluation as instructed at the end of the course. This course contains 44 questions.
The 1.7 contact hours for this course will expire 3/3/2016.
The module was funded through the AORN Foundation by a grant from Covidien.
AORN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AORN is Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider Number CEP 13019.
AORN recognizes these activities as continuing education for registered nurses. This recognition does not imply that AORN or the American Nurses Credentialing Center approves or endorse products mentioned in the activity.
This program is approved for 1.7 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102.