Cleaning and decontamination are the initial and most critical steps in breaking the chain of disease transmission. Hospital personnel need guidance for achieving safe and effective high-level disinfection of reusable instruments and equipment.
This activity will provide the perioperative nurse with guidance for achieving safe and effective high-level disinfection of reusable instruments and equipment.
- Identify patient safety measures related to high-level disinfection in the perioperative setting.
- Identify personnel safety measures related to high-level disinfection in the perioperative setting.
- Identify the types of items that should be subject to high-level disinfection.
- Identify essentials steps prior to high-level disinfection.
- Identify conditions for achieving high-level disinfection.
- Identify factors that influence efficacy of a chemical agent.
To receive 1.5 contact hours for this course, you must achieve mastery of the content and submit an evaluation as instructed at the end of the course. This course contains 40 questions.
The 1.5 contact hours for this course will expire 6/30/2014
AORN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AORN is Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13019.
This program is approved for 1.5 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102
AORN recognizes these activities as continuing education for registered nurses. This recognition does not imply that AORN or the American Nurses Credentialing Center approves or endorses products mentioned in the activity.