The goal of this activity is to familiarize perioperative nurses with the characteristics of Malignant Hyperthermia (MH) and guidelines for treatment.
- Outline the history of MH as a known disorder.
- Identify demographic factors regarding MH.
- Identify the pathophysiology of MH.
- Identify facets of preoperative nursing care of an MH susceptible patient.
- Identify methods of treating a patient during an MH crisis.
- Identify steps in post MH crisis patient care.
- Identify guidelines in counseling the patient and family about MH.
- Identify steps in evaluating MH crisis management.
To receive 2.5 contact hours for this course, you must achieve mastery of the content and submit an evaluation as instructed at the end of the course. This course contains 68 questions.
The 2.5 contact hours for this course will expire 6/30/2014.
AORN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AORN is Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13019.
This program is approved for 2.5 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102
AORN recognizes these activities as continuing education for registered nurses. This recognition does not imply that AORN or the American Nurses Credentialing Center approves or endorses products mentioned in the activity.