Call for Proposals/Abstracts
AORN Surgical Conference & Expo 2016 Theme: Thriving Through Transformation
Education Session Proposals
Sessions held at different events have varying requirements and vary in length. Most concurrent education sessions are 60-minutes in length. You may submit for one or more conferences and/or categories, but if you have a submission for a 60-minute session and a similar proposal for a full-day session, we suggest you submit them separately.
- We will consider two-part presentations when noted as such.
- Pre-Conference Certificate Programs are a full day (= 7.5 CH to 8.0 CH).
- Proposals submitted for presentation may also be submitted to AORN as Poster displays and manuscripts.
- A standard audio/visual equipment package will be supplied for each presentation. Additional AV requests may not be granted.
- All films/videos to be included in a presentation must be reviewed early in the process to allow time for edits. Films/videos that do not follow ANCC Guidelines and AORN’s Guidelines for Perioperative Practice may not be shown.
- Conference presentations are professionally recorded and may become available for sale as audio over PowerPoint products.
The deadline for AORN Surgical Conference & Expo 2016 education session proposal submission is May 22, 2015.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Education Session Proposals, encounter any problems with this site, or would like to share suggestions for improvement, please contact Susan Love.
Poster abstracts for the Surgical Conference & Expo 2016 in Anaheim, CA, are being accepted online through October 2, 2015.
Posters are an important part of the annual conference as they represent ideas in a graphical format, are interactive, offer attendees contact hours, and facilitate productive discussion between poster authors and interested attendees. Posters share the actions and ideas that are successful in your facility with perioperative nurses around the world.
If you are interested in displaying a poster at the annual conference, please submit a poster abstract. AORN members and non-members may submit a poster abstract using the online system. Non-members can select either “Join Now” or “Proceed as Guest” after selecting “Begin the Application Process.”
If you have any questions or concerns regarding poster abstracts, encounter any problems with this site, or would like to share suggestions for improvement, please contact Beth Gabrysiak.