This educational module presents an overview of information for health care personnel who may be involved in laser procedures and provides a foundation for the creation of facility-specific laser policies and procedures.
- Discuss the laser biophysics that will result in tissue interactions.
- List the laser safety standards developed by three regulatory or standard setting bodies such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN), and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS).
- Describe the essential precautions that must be in place whenever a laser is in use to ensure safety for patients and personnel.
- Describe the responsibilities of each health care professional involved in laser procedures.
- List three precautions that should be taken when performing upper airway laser procedures.
- Discuss the role of standard operating procedures including the records that must be maintained.
PC Specs - Provide minimum system requirements for hardware and software for computers used to take this online course.
This course offers 2.5 contact hours.
This course can now be purchased for $89.00 through the AORN product catalog under Online Learning. Users will have 90 days to complete the module.
This course is accessible for three (3) months from the date of enrollment. Should you require an extension, there is a $50 fee per month, with a maximum extension of three (3) months. Extension months must be consecutive. Please call Customer Service at 800-755-2676 to request an extension.
AORN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AORN is Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13019.
AORN recognizes these activities as continuing education for registered nurses. This recognition does not imply that AORN or the American Nurses Credentialing Center approves or endorses products mentioned in the activity.
This program is approved for 2.5 hours of AEU credit by BASC Provider #0102