Product Evaluation and Selection Course
As advocates for both patients and co-workers, perioperative registered nurses help ensure that products and equipment in the perioperative practice environment are safe and effective. Education and experience qualify the perioperative RN as a key decision maker and influencer on product selection.
This online program focuses on the influence of perioperative nurses on purchasing. The module includes workplace scenarios and strategies for effective interaction with hospital staff and industry representatives. After taking this course, the perioperative nurse will be able to:
- Describe two outcomes of empowerment in perioperative nursing
- Discuss the influence of the perioperative RN on purchasing
- Specify the clinical expertise that perioperative RNs contribute to the product evaluation and selection process
- Identify strategies for effective interaction during the product selection process
- Evaluate workplace scenarios regarding the perioperative RN's empowerment as individuals of influence during the product selection process
- Evaluate workplace scenarios regarding the perioperative RN's empowerment as key decision makers
To earn the one contact hour for the course, registrants must answer all the questions in the scenario section of the module and complete the module evaluation.
PC Specs - Provide minimum system requirements for computers used to take this online course.
After purchasing the course, you will receive an email with a link providing course access. After your initial login, you can also access your online courses via My AORN. You have three months to complete the course after you purchase it.
The 1 contact hour for this course will expire December 31, 2016.
AORN Members: $25
Two ways to register:
Corporate support generously provided by Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.
This program is approved for 1 hour of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102