Perioperative CNS Certification Exam Preparation Course
Go for your CNS-CP credential. Get there with AORN.
With experienced instructors and hands-on guidance, the AORN Perioperative CNS Certification Exam Preparation Course is developed for RNs who plan to sit for and pass the CNS-CP exam.
The course includes a 2-day coaching educational course that provides advanced knowledge, review of the core competencies, and a review of the domains of nursing practice for the RN, CNS in the specialty of perioperative practice.
In addition to the face-to-face event, instruction includes three facilitated webinars you may access as part of your course registration.
AORN Prep Course for the CNS-CP Exam
Friday and Saturday, January 17-18, 2014
Denver, CO | AORN Headquarters
17 CE contact hours
$450 per person
Register once and receive all the following test prep resources:
- Test Taking Strategies Webinar (January 9, 2014)
- Two-day Educational Coaching Class (January 17-18, 2014)
- Test Review and Analysis Webinar (February 12, 2014)
- Question and Answer Session Webinar (March 5, 2014)
Who Should Attend?
- Perioperative Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS, RN)
- Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Clinical Nurse Specialists (APRN-CNS)
- Master's prepared RNs who are licensed as a CNS by state board of nursing
- RNs currently enrolled in a CNS accredited program
- Masters in Nursing RNs working in an advanced practice role
- Master's prepared RNs who are working in an advanced CNS role
- Interested Perioperative Nurse Educators
- Perioperative RNs who are interested in preparing for the CNS-CP and who do not currently meet the eligibility requirements
Hotel Reservations and Shuttle:
Hotel rooms are available at a discounted rate of $82 per night plus tax at the following hotel:
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
8300 East Crescent Parkway
Englewood, Colorado, 80111
For reservations, please call the Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center directly 303-804-0700 or toll free at 1-888-557-0494. Please indicate that you are reserving a room within the AORN room block. Room reservations are available on a first come basis and must be made by Friday, December 20, 2013.
Conference Shuttle: AORN will provide complimentary shuttle transportation to/from the Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center and AORN headquarters.
The only CNS-CP preparation course available for the inaugural CNS-CP exam!
To be eligible to apply for the CNS-CP exam, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements as defined by the Competency and Credentialing Institue (CCI): education, licensure, CNOR certification status, and experience.
The AORN Perioperative CNS Certification Exam Preparation Course is strictly a certificate course to be used as a review for the CNS-CP exam.
Curious to learn more about the role of the Perioperative CNS, RN?
Attend a free webinar replay to get a glimpse at what it takes to become an advanced nursing practitioner. This webinar will award (0.5) CH.
AORN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AORN is Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13019.
AORN recognizes these activities as continuing education for registered nurses. This recognition does not imply that AORN or the American Nurses Credentialing Center approves or endorses products mentioned in the activity.