Abdominal/Pelvic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Specialty Assembly
Log in to your specialty assembly on ORNurseLink
Perioperative nurses who specialize in or want to learn more about endoscopic procedures, minimally invasive surgery trends, or laser-safety protocols and trends.
- Enhance communication and collaboration among perioperative nurses working with lasers and advanced technologies in medicine and surgery.
- Benefit from specialty education designed for perioperative nurses who are responsible for the safe and effective operative and management of lasers and advanced technology in the clinical setting.
- Serve as a resource for other health care professionals interested in lasers and advanced technology in surgery.
- Facilitate application of research in the perioperative setting.
- Facilitate application of AORN's Standards and Recommended Practices in the perioperative setting.
2013-2014 Coordinating Council
Chair - Lynda JayJohn, MBOE, BSN, RN, CNOR
Past-Chair - Marcie Jannetti, RN, BSN, CNOR
Communication Chair - June Hill, RN, CNOR
Education Chair - Sabrina Fields, RN
Professional/Practice Issues Chair - Yuri Fayngersh, RN, MSN, CNOR
AORN CNP Staff Liaison - Bonnie Denholm, RN, MS, CNOR
AORN Board Liaison - Karen Knapp, BSN, RN, CNOR, CRNFA
AORN Staff Consultant - Debbie Robichaud Stephen
As a member of this assembly, you can contact any member of the coordinating council via email using your AORN username and password through ORNurseLink.
AORN's specialty assemblies on ORNurseLink are a great member benefit. Access is free to all members who belong to a specialty. The web communities provide a convenient method for all members to share information, post documents, and participate in discussions. You can contact the members of the coordinating council through the community as well. To access your specialty community, you will need your AORN login and password.
AORN Customer Service can assist you in becoming a member of any specialty assembly today!
Contact us with questions about your specialty assembly.