Integrated Health Practices Specialty Assembly
Log in to your specialty assembly on ORNurseLink
Based on "holism of care" for nursing practice, the IHPSA invites all perioperative nurses to join us in learning about and applying integrated health practices to their daily living and to their practice settings. This is an opportunity to explore the many modalities used worldwide and change your personal life. Modality examples include acupuncture, aromatherapy, affirmation/positive statements, color therapy, guided imagery/visualization, healing touch, herbal medicines, meditation, music, nutrition, tai chi, reflexology, and yoga.
"Self care first to better care for others"
- Enhance communication among nurses who practice holistic nursing and are developing use of techniques in complementary therapies for themselves and within perioperative (hospital, ambulatory, and free-standing) settings.
- Promote specialty education sessions addressing integrated health practices.
- Serve as a resource for other perioperative nurses who are interested in integrating these techniques to their facilities.
- Support self care among health care providers.
- Facilitate and support evidence-based research projects supporting integrated health practice applications.
- Promote safe patient care through application of AORN standards and recommended practices, as applied to integrated health practices.
- Provide resource links to facilitate learning and application of the many modalities through other organizations
2013-2014 Coordinating Council
Chair - Claire Everson, RN, CNOR, CCAP
Past Chair - Jane Murphy, MS, RN, PNP-MC
Communications Chair - Cindy Vincentz, RN, CNOR
Education Chair - TBD
Professional/Practice Issues Chair - TBD
AORN CNP Staff Liaison - Bonnie Denholm, RN, MS, CNOR
AORN Board Liaison - Kathleen Gaberson, PhD, RN, CNOR, CNE, ANEF
AORN Staff Consultant - Debbie Robichaud Stephen
As a member of this assembly, you can contact any member of the coordinating council via email using your AORN username and password through ORNurseLink.
AORN's specialty assemblies on ORNurseLink are a great member benefit. Access is free to all members who belong to a specialty. The web communities provide a convenient method for all members to share information, post documents, and participate in discussions. You can contact the members of the coordinating council through the community as well. To access your specialty community, you will need your AORN login and password.
AORN Customer Service can assist you in becoming a member of any specialty assembly today!
Contact us with questions about your specialty assembly.