Beverly A. Kirchner
Board of Directors Candidate
Beverly A. Kirchner, BSN, RN, CNOR, CASC, is the owner and president/chief executive officer of Genesee Associates, Inc, Dallas, Texas. She earned her bachelor of science in nursing from Texas Woman’s University, Denton.
Kirchner has been a perioperative nurse for 33 years and a member of AORN for 32 years. She is a member of
• AORN of Dallas (2004-present),
• the Operating Room Nursing Council of California (2005-present),
• the Ohio Council of Perioperative Registered Nurses (2006-present),
• the Texas Council of Operating Room Nurses (2006-present),
• the Florida Council of Operating Room Nurses (2010-present),
• the Leadership Specialty Assembly (2004-present),
• the Cardio Vascular Thoracic Specialty Assembly (2005-present),
• the Ambulatory Surgery Center Specialty Assembly (2008-present), and
• the Business, Industry & Consulting Specialty Assembly (2010-present).
She has been a member of
• the Arizona State Council (2006-2007).
Kirchner has attended Congress 10 times in the past 10 years, eight times as a delegate.
Kirchner has received
• a Star Award for Outstanding Contributions in the Ambulatory Surgery Center Industry from American Health Consultants Media’s Same-Day Surgery (2012) and
• an AORN Award for Outstanding Achievement in Mentorship (2013).
Highlights of Kirchner’s service to AORN include that she is
• AORN liaison to the ASC Quality Collaborative Group (2006-present),
• a member of the AORN Foundation Silent Auction Committee (2009-present),
• a member of the Editorial Board of the AORN Journal (2011-present),
• chair of the Ambulatory Specialty Assembly Governing Council (2012-present), and
• chair of the Texas Council of Operating Room Nurses Scholarship Endowment Program (2012-present).
She has been
• a member of the national Clinical Nursing Practice Committee (2010-2012),
• a member of the AORN Board of Directors (2005-2009),
• a member of the national Finance & Audit Committee (2006-2009),
• Board liaison to the AORN Journal Editorial Board (2007-2009), and
• Board liaison to the national Organizational Structure Task Force (2008-2009).
In other leadership roles, Kirchner is
• a member of the Med Assets Ambulatory Advisory Board for Ambulatory Care (2004-present),
• a member of the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association Education Committee (2010-present), and
• an ASC representative on a Surgery Advisory Committee MedAssets (2012-present).
She has been a member of
• The Joint Commission task force to review the National Patient Safety Goal on medication reconciliation (2009) and
• The Joint Commission task force to redesign the standards for ambulatory surgery centers and office-based surgery centers (2007-2009).
In her community, Kirchner is
• a fund-raiser for the Leukemia Society (2004-present).