Vice President Candidate
Callie Craig, MS, BSN, RN, CNOR, is a surgery and central sterile processing director at INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She earned her bachelor of science in nursing from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, and her master of science in nursing administration from the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City.
Craig has been a perioperative nurse for 13 years and a member of AORN for 10 years. She is a member of
• AORN of Central Oklahoma (2004-present),
• the Oklahoma State Council of Perioperative Nurses (2004-present),
• the Leadership Specialty Assembly (2008-present), and
• the Ambulatory Surgery Specialty Assembly (2010-present).
She has been a member of
• the Clinical Nurse Educator Specialty Assembly (2004-2010).
Craig has attended Congress 10 times in the past 10 years, nine times as a delegate.
Craig has received
• an AORN Next Generation Achievement Award (2008) and
• a Nursing Impact on Public Policy Award from the Oklahoma Nurses Association (2006).
Highlights of Craig’s service to AORN include that she is
• AORN Secretary (2012-present) and
• co-chair of the national Young Professionals Task Force (2013-present).
She has been
• chair of the International Relations Committee (2011-2012),
• a member of the national Nominating and Leadership Development Committee (NLDC) (2008-2010),
• a member of the national Next Generation Task Force (2005-2006),
• vice president of the Oklahoma State Council of Perioperative Nurses (2007-2009),
• president of the Oklahoma State Council of Perioperative Nurses (2006-2007),
• a member of the Board of Directors of AORN of Central Oklahoma (2009-2011).
• vice president of AORN of Central Oklahoma (2007-2009), and
• president of AORN of Central Oklahoma (2006-2007).
In other leadership roles, Craig is
• a member of the INTEGRIS Infection Control Committee (2004-present),
• a member of the INTEGRIS Magnet® Steering Committee (2007-present), and
• a member of the Oklahoma Organization of Nurse Executives (2008-present).
She has been
• a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of OR Nurse (2006-2012) and
• chair of the INTEGRIS Nurse Recruitment and Retention Committee (2004-2011).
In her community, Craig is
• a member of the Executive Women’s Golf Association (2013-present).
She has been
• a leader of Precept Upon Precept Inductive Bible Study (2004-2012),
• a volunteer for Oklahoma Safe Kids Coalition Buckle Up for Safety car seat checks (2005-2012),
• a volunteer for UCO Endeavor Games (2006-2012), and
• a volunteer for the Citizens Caring for Children Santa Shop (2006-2012).