Dawn Myers Yost
Board of Directors Candidate
Dawn Myers Yost, BSN, RDH, RN, CNOR, is manager of nursing operations and sterile processing, Perioperative Services, at West Virginia University Healthcare. She earned her associate of science in nursing from Fairmont State College, Fairmont, West Virginia; her bachelor of science in dental hygiene from West Virginia University, Morgantown; and her bachelor of science in nursing from West Virginia University. She is currently pursuing her master of science in nursing administration from The University of Texas at Arlington, College of Nursing online.
Yost has been a perioperative nurse for 32 years and a member of AORN for 31 years. She is a member of
• AORN of North Central West Virginia (2004-present),
• the West Virginia State Council (2004-present),
• the Abdominal/Pelvic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Specialty Assembly (2004-present),
• the Leadership Specialty Assembly (2004-present),
• the Neurosurgery, Orthopedics and Trauma Specialty Assembly (2004-present), and
• the Sterile Processing/Supply Chain Management Specialty Assembly (2008-present).
She has been a member of
• the Ophthalmology Specialty Assembly (2004-2007).
Yost has attended Congress 10 times in the past 10 years, seven times as a delegate and once as an alternate.
Yost has received
• the AORN Award for Outstanding Achievement in Volunteerism (2012),
• the Barco’s Nightingales Foundation Award for Nursing Excellence (2010),
• the Excellence in Nursing Leadership Award from the West Virginia Center for Nursing (2010), and
• the Alumna of the Year Award from the West Virginia University School of Nursing (2008).
Highlights of Yost’s service to AORN include that she is
• a member of the national Clinical Nursing Practice Committee (2008-present),
• president of the West Virginia State Council (2007-present),
• chair of the AORN of North Central West Virginia Education Committee (2004-present),
• chair of the AORN of North Central West Virginia Finance Committee (2004-present), and
• president of the AORN of North Central West Virginia (2013-present).
She has been
• Board liaison to the Competency & Credentialing Institute (2004-2005),
• past-chair of the Neurosurgery Specialty Assembly (2007-2010),
• president-elect of the West Virginia State Council (2006-2007),
• treasurer of the West Virginia State Council (2004-2006), and
• secretary of the AORN of North Central West Virginia (2004-2012).
In other leadership roles, Yost is
• a member of Sigma Theta Tau Alpha Rho Chapter (2004-present) and
• a member of the ReSurge International Board of Directors (2007-present).
She has been
• a member of the Competency & Credentialing Institute Board of Directors (2007-2013),
• chair of the ReSurge International Nursing Committee (2008-2012), and
• president of the Competency & Credentialing Institute (2011-2012).
In her community, Yost is
• a participant in annual ReSurge International mission trips (2010-present),
• member of the Suncrest United Methodist Church (2004-present), and
• a Basis Life Support Instructor for the American Heart Association (2004-present).