Jane A. Kusler-Jensen
Vice President Candidate
Jane A. Kusler-Jensen, MBA, BSN, RN, CNOR, is a specialist master for Deloitte Consulting, Strategy and Operations, Health Care Providers-Performance Improvement, Service Operations Division, Chicago, Illinois. She earned her diploma in nursing from Deaconess School of Nursing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin; her bachelor of science in management from Cardinal Stritch College, Milwaukee; her bachelor of science in nursing from Carroll-Columbia College of Nursing, Waukesha, Wisconsin; and her master in business administration from the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater.
Kusler-Jensen has been a perioperative nurse for 34 years and a member of AORN for 32 years. She is a member of
• eChapter (2013-present),
• the Wisconsin State Council (2006-present),
• the Ambulatory Surgery Center Specialty Assembly (2004-present),
• the Leadership Specialty Assembly (2004-present),
• the Federal Nurses Specialty Assembly (2007-present),
• the Integrated Health Practices Specialty Assembly (2009-present),
• the Pediatric Specialty Assembly (2009-present),
• the Retired Nurses Specialty Assembly (2009-present), and
• the Business, Industry & Consulting Specialty Assembly (2010-present).
She has been a member of
• AORN of Southeastern Wisconsin (2006-2013),
• AORN of Northeastern Wisconsin (2004-2006),
• the Indiana State Council of Operating Room Nurses (2011-2012),
• the New Jersey State Council of Perioperative Nurses (2007-2009),
• the State Council of Minnesota (2007-2009), and
• the Illinois State Council of periOperative Registered Nurses (2008-2009).
Kusler-Jensen has attended Congress 10 times in the past 10 years, nine times as a delegate.
Highlights of Kusler-Jensen’s service to AORN include that she is
• AORN liaison to the American Medical Association (2008-present) and
• a member of the national Governance Strategic Task Force (2013-present).
She has been
• chair of the national Legislative Committee (2012-2013),
• the AORN Secretary (2010-2012),
• Board liaison to the RN First Assistant Futures Task Force (2011-2012),
• a member of the National Committee on Education (2008-2011),
• secretary of the AORN Compliance Committee (2011-2012),
• a member of the national Leadership and Development Task Force (2009-2010),
• a member of the AORN Board of Directors (2007-2009), and
• a member of the national Recommended Practices Committee (2008-2009).
In other leadership roles, Kusler-Jensen is
• a member of the Wisconsin Nurses Association (2006-present) and
• a member of the Association of Nurse Executives (2007-present).
She has been
• a speaker on health care reform at the AORN Leadership Academy (2013),
• team lead of the Perioperative Performance Improvement and OR Efficiency Project at Columbia-St Mary’s Hospitals (2012), and
• a team leader for Customer and Values Improvement Projects at Columbia-St Mary’s Hospitals (2006-2010).
In her community, Kusler-Jensen has been
• a host parent for foreign exchange students (2008-2011),
• a member of the Port Washington Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2009-2010),
• a committee member at Union Congregational Church (2004-2007),
• a member of the PEO, a national scholarship program for women pursuing higher education (2005-2007), and
• a member of the Pastoral Sabbatical Committee at Union Congregational Church (2005-2007).