Board of Directors Candidate
Jessica Gruendler, MSN, RN, BC, CNOR, is director of surgical services at Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, Arroyo Grande, California. She earned her associate in nursing from College of the Sequoias, Visalia, California; her bachelor of science in nursing from California State University, Dominguez Hills; and her master of science in nursing from the University of Phoenix online. She is currently pursuing a doctorate in nursing practice from Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Gruendler has been a perioperative nurse for 27 years and a member of AORN for 17 years. She is a member of
• AORN of Gold Coast of California (2010-present),
• the Operating Room Nursing Council of California (2010-present),
• Perioperative Nursing Informatics Specialty Assembly (2004-present),
• Leadership Specialty Assembly (2008-present),
• Sterile Processing/Supply Chain Management Specialty Assembly (2011-present), and
• Pediatric Specialty Assembly (2012-present).
Gruendler has attended Congress seven times in the past 10 years, five times as a delegate.
Highlights of Gruendler’s service to AORN include that she has been
• a member of the national PNDS Task Force (2008-2011),
• education chair of the Perioperative Nursing Informatics Specialty Assembly (2009-2010),
• vice chair of the Operating Room Nursing Council of California (2010-2012), and
• treasurer of the Operating Room Nursing Council of California (2012-2013).
In other leadership roles, Gruendler is
• a member of the American Nurses Association (2013-present),
• a member of the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics Revision Advisory Committee (2013-present), and
• a member of the American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association (2013-present).
She has been
• a member of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (2004-2012) and
• a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (2007-2011).
In her community, Gruendler is
• a member the Nipomo Lions Club (2012-present),
• co-chair of public relations for the Nipomo Lions Club (2013-present), and
• a member of the Nipomo Lions Student Speaker Contest Task Force (2013-present).
She has been
• team chair for the Arthritis Foundation (2013).