Kathy Greer Bertalon
Nominating & Leadership Development Committee Candidate
Kathy Greer Bertalon, MHA, BSN, RN, CNOR, is an Independent Healthcare Business and Clinical Specialist working with various hospitals and manufacturers on perioperative projects. She earned her associate of science in nursing from the University of Indianapolis, Indiana, and her bachelor of science in nursing and her master of health administration from the University of Phoenix.
Bertalon has been a perioperative nurse for 39 years and a member of AORN for 28 years. She is a member of
• eChapter (2004-present),
• the Florida Council of Operating Room Nurses (2004-present),
• the Leadership Specialty Assembly (2011-present), and
• the Sterile Processing/Supply Chain Management Specialty Assembly (2011-present).
• the Business, Industry & Consulting Specialty Assembly (2004-present)
Bertalon has attended Congress seven times in the past 10 years, twice as a delegate.
Highlights of Bertalon’s service to AORN include that she is
• a peer reviewer for the AORN Journal (2004-present)
• Published in AORN Surgical Services Management (2007)
• She has been
• 5 years Board of Directors Florida Council of periOperative Registered Nurses (FCORN)
• a member of the national Bloodborne Pathogens Task Force (2004),
• a member of the national Leadership Development Task Force (2004-2005),
• chair of the Business, Industry & Consulting Specialty Assembly (2004-2005), Member Board of Directors (2003) and
• a member of the Business, Industry & Consulting Specialty Assembly Coordinating Council (2004).
In other leadership roles, Bertalon has been
• a clinical resource manager for a multiple value analysis programs at [VHA and Clinical Resources ] (2004 to 2013)
• Design, build and lead multiple ambulatory surgery centers. Consultant on JCAHO, CMS, and other groups on certification and re-certification (2004 – present)
• Speaker to various professional, groups including AORN state and local, Sterile Processing, and hospitals (2004 – present)
• an interim Sterile Processing Department manager at [Aesculap] (2005-2006), and
• an item writer and reviewer for the RN licensure examination  (2006 2008).
• In her community, Bertalon has been
• a volunteer at a local aquarium (2001-2004) Providing care and educational presentations on Manatees.
• a volunteer for the Save the Manatee Club (2004).
• Volunteer for multiple animal rescue groups assisting with care and adoption (2000 – present)