Outstanding Achievement in Perioperative Clinical Nursing Practice
The applicant must be an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in perioperative clinical nursing practice and who provides direct patient care a minimum of 24 hours per week. Examples might include but are not limited to:
- Leading practice changes to increase safety or to follow AORN standards or recommended practices
- Leading clinical practice that changes patient's outcome
- Leading evidence based changes in the work environment such as: DVT prophylaxis, presssure ulcers, specimens, sacred cows, SSI reduction, latex precautions, and greening the OR.
Before You Begin Online Application
Review online application information and tips.
Review following required elements for this award category.
- Candidate Statement 1 - In 250 words or less, describe two (2) outstanding contributions that you have been involved in to enhance perioperative nursing relevant tot he criteria for this award.
- Candidate Statement 2 - In 250 words or less, describe the impact and outcome of your outstanding contributions on perioperative nursing as described above.
- Nominee's CV/Resume - (uploaded in the online application)
- Nominator Statement - for nominated applications (uploaded in the online application)
- Sponsor Statement - for self-nominated applications (uploaded in the online application)
Deadline: Application submission deadline is November 26, 2012.
Begin the online application now.