Outstanding Volunteer Leadership
Criteria: The applicant must be an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in volunteer work by demonstrating outstanding leadership in guiding and developing their Chapter, Specialty Assembly, State Council, or by exhibiting a commitment to create a better environment and quality of life to those in need. Examples might be but are not limited to:
- Working on facility based community benefit initiatives
- Mission trips
- Military troop support
- Significant involvement with other national or local groups where perioperative nursing is represented
- Specialty Assembly leadership to influence change in Specialty Assembly areas of practice
- Meetings wiht state representatives to influence change, chapter growth, state council implementation, "etc."
Before You Begin Online Application
Review online application information and tips.
Review following required elements for this award category:
- Candidate Statement 1 - In 250 words or less, describe how you have demonstrated outstanding volunteer leadership in guiding and developing your Chapter, Specialty Assembly, State Council, or commitment to create a better environment and quality of life to those in need. Also describe your involvement in mentoring and developing future leaders for AORN.
- Candidate Statement 2 - In 250 words or less, describe the impact and outcome of your outstanding volunteer leadership contributions in guiding and developing your Chapter, Specialty Assembly, or State Council as described above.
- Nominee's CV/Resume - (uploaded in the online application)
- Nominator Statement - for nominated applications (uploaded in the online application)
- Sponsor Statement - for self-nominated applications (uploaded in the online applications)
Deadline: Application submission deadline is November 26, 2012.
Begin the online application now.