The AORN Outstanding Volunteer Leadership Award celebrates individuals who demonstrate outstanding achievement in volunteer work by guiding and developing their Chapter, Specialty Assembly, State Council, or by exhibiting a commitment to create a better environment and quality of life to those in need.
Examples might be but are not limited to:
- Working on facility based community benefit initiatives
- Mission trips
- Military troop support
- Significant involvement with other national or local groups where perioperative nursing is represented
- Specialty Assembly leadership to influence change in Specialty Assembly areas of practice
- Meetings with state representatives to influence change, chapter growth, state council implementation, etc.
Before You Begin the Online Application:
Review following required elements for this award category:
- Candidate Statement 1 - In 250 words or less, describe how you have demonstrated outstanding volunteer leadership in guiding and developing your AORN Chapter, Specialty Assembly, or State Council. If your volunteer service is outside of AORN, describe your commitment to your community and how it has created a positive impact.
- Candidate Statement 2 - In 250 words or less, describe the impact and outcome of your outstanding volunteer leadership contributions.
- Nominee's CV/Resume - Complete form.
- Nominator Statement - for nominated applications (upload in the online application)
Deadline: Application submission deadline is November 17, 2017.