This course provides guidelines for positioning the patient in the perioperative setting. After completing the course, the learner will have a basic understanding of the positioning equipment necessary based on the procedure and patient needs, patient safety factors, application of the principles of body mechanics and ergonomics, ongoing assessment throughout the perioperative period, the nurse as advocate, and coordination with the entire perioperative team.
- Identify physiological conditions common in the older adult.
- Identify measures to ensure the physical safety of the older adult.
- Identify measures to promote an optimal outcome for the older adult surgical patient.
- Identify ways to enhance communication with the older adult.
- Identify psychosocial issues common in elderly patients.
- Identify legal aspects of patient consent to surgery.
To receive 1.5 contact hours for this course, you must achieve mastery of the content and submit an evaluation as instructed at the end of the course. This course contains 50 questions.
The 1.5 contact hours for this course will expire February 6, 2017.
This program is approved for 1.5 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102.
Visit Computer Specifications for Online Learning to learn about minimum system requirements for computer hardware and software used to take AORN online courses.