58 Learning Modules. 500 Questions. 49 Contact Hours. Money Back Guarantee.
Prep for CNOR is a 4-month self-paced online course that provides effective test-taking strategies with online access to the current AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice and additional reading assignments to supplement the course content. AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice is the primary reference for the CNOR exam. Our fact and scenario-based questions test your ability to think critically and provides an extensive review of:
Upon completion of this course, the perioperative nurse will be able to:
- Identify the governing body administering the CNOR credential.
- Apply test taking strategies for the CNOR examination.
- Discuss key components of the nursing process related to perioperative nursing.
- Identify critical thinking skills necessary to effectively practice perioperative nursing.
- Identify safety measures to maintain a sterile field throughout the perioperative stay.
- Identify nursing interventions to ensure a safe environment for the perioperative patient.
- Identify strategies to assist the perioperative patient during the administration of anesthesia.
- Recognize perioperative patient complications associated with acute or chronic conditions.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of a perioperative patient's changing condition.
- Describe the role of the perioperative RN in emergent or crisis situations in the perioperative period.
- Identify components of effective hand-off communication.
- Identify the perioperative RN's role as patient advocate.
- Examine perioperative concerns for special populations of perioperative patients.
- Discuss unique perioperative care for minimally invasive and ambulatory procedures.
- Discuss the perioperative RN's role in patient and family education.
For more information please call (800) 755-2676.
Learners receive 49 Contact Hours after passing the Post Test with a score of at least 90%. Contact hours expire 5/1/17.
This course is approved for 49 hours of AEU Credit by BASC Provider #0102.
AEU credit is available upon request only by contacting Experience Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-755-2676.
Course Length and Extension
This course is accessible for 4 months from the date of enrollment. If an extension is needed, there is a $50 fee per month, with a maximum extension of 4 months. Extension months must be consecutive. Please call Experience Services at 800-755-2676 to request an extension.
Visit Computer Specifications for Online Learning to learn about minimum system requirements for computer hardware and software used to take AORN online courses.