Friday, April 1 – Saturday, April 2 | 13 CH
In order to work as a highly effective perioperative team, you have to put many different pieces into place. The TeamSTEPPS® system has been utilized in health care for over 20 years. The evidence-based program will teach you strategies, techniques, and tools to teach others in your facility this teamwork system to improve patient safety and communication.
This two-day Master Training Course that teach perioperative-specific scenarios and tools to improve teamwork and communication resulting in higher quality, safer patient care. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a set of ready-to-use materials and a training curriculum to successfully teach and master the concepts and skills of TeamSTEPPS®.
These materials include:
- Fundamentals modules in text and presentation format
- A pocket guide that corresponds with the essential version of the course
- Video vignettes to illustrate key concepts
- Supporting DVD on change management, coaching, and implementation
- Producing highly effective health care teams that optimize the use of information, people, and resources to achieve the best clinical outcomes for patients and their families
- Increasing team awareness and clarifying team roles and responsibilities
- Resolving conflicts and improving information sharing
- Eliminating barriers to quality and safety
- Amy Halverson, MD, Associate Professor of Surgery, Northwestern University
- Ellice Mellinger, MS, BSN, RN, CNOR, Perioperative Education Specialist, AORN