What is a Delegate?
Voting members of AORN who attend the AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo have the privilege of voting on Association business conducted during the conference. There are two types of delegates – chapter delegates and non-chapter delegates.
Chapters receive a certain number of delegate seats based on their total chapter membership as of June 30, with a total of 1,500 chapter delegate seats. Chapter delegates vote on behalf of the chapter membership as a whole.
If you are an eligible voting member of AORN under Article VIII, Section 3 of the AORN Bylaws and you are not serving as a chapter delegate or delegate chair, you will automatically be designated as a delegate and may attend all business meetings and vote on behalf of yourself.
Remember that ALL AORN members in good standing can vote for candidates, whether or not they’re attending the annual conference.
All delegates are encouraged to attend the business sessions during the conference. Delegates at the Second House of Delegates will vote on proposed amendments to the AORN Bylaws. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to all of these sessions.
- Saturday, April 1, 2:15pm - 3:45pm Candidates’ Q&A Session
- Saturday, April 1, 3:45pm – 4:45pm First Forum
- Sunday, April 2, 3pm – 4pm First House of Delegates
- Tuesday, April 4, 2pm – 3pm Second Forum
- Wednesday, April 5, 11:45am – 1:15pm Second House of Delegates and Closing Ceremonies
Chapter Delegate Information and Resources
- 2017 Chapter Delegate Counts with Calculations (PDF)–Breakdown of Delegate calculations per Chapter
- 2017 State Delegates Tally Sheet (PDF)–Number of Delegates per Chapter in each state
- 2017 Delegate Information (PDF)–Information all Delegates need to know
- 2017 Delegate Responsibilities (PDF)–Delegate responsibilities and a brief explanation of the parliamentary procedure for the House of Delegates
- Sample Delegate Selection Point System (DOC)
If you have any questions regarding being a delegate, contact Experience Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 755-2676.