A Better Way to Access the Guidelines
Introducing the AORN Facility Reference Center. Quickly and easily search the most current evidence-based guidelines by topic, and access integrated recommendations, FAQs, and clinical tools to put the highest standards for perioperative care into practice – and improve patient safety and quality outcomes.
Access the Facility Reference Center.
Learn more about how the Facility Reference Center can help your team quickly address day-to-day clinical issues.
Facilities or systems can benefit from all of the components the Facility Reference Center has to offer. Options for individuals are available here.
Facility Reference Center
- Guidelines for Perioperative Practice—presented in three convenient views based on the level of detail you need: Full, Outline, and Quick View.
- 200+ easy-to-search Clinical FAQs
- In-service PowerPoint Templates
- Illustrated, step-by-step At a Glance guides covering Procedures, Positioning, and Skin Prep
- Customizable Policy and Procedures based on the most up-to-date guidelines
- Customizable Competency Verification Tools to keep your facility survey ready
- Perioperative Job Descriptions
- ASC Infection Prevention Policy and Procedure Templates
Tools for Safe Practice
Use the Facility Reference Center to answer questions and find the evidence that backs up quick decision-making and standardized practices. For example:
A new nurse has joined the OR. The surgical team reviews the patient positioning Guideline Quick View and discusses the day’s procedures.
Your Compliance Officer is updating policies around sterile technique and downloads the Policies and Procedures template for Donning Sterile Gowns and Gloves to customize.
After surveyors noted a deficiency in reprocessing processes, your SPD manager refreshes the team using the Key Takeaways for processing flexible endoscopes.
You see an environmental services staffer sweeping the OR floor and pull up the Guideline on Environmental Cleaning (1.b.) and the FAQ to review the proper approach together.