Engaging the Surgical Team in Supply Chain Management Process Improvement
Scott Strech, MBA, BSN, RN
Kelly E. Sims, BN, RN
Sharon S. Pomeroy, MHA, BSN, RN
Laurie Profitt, RN - Vanderbilt Medical Center
This presentation shares various initiatives to improve supply chain knowledge and utilization. The primary focus is engagement of the surgical team in supply workflow. We will discuss changes that have forced our organization to evolve and modify to improve efficiency, decrease waste, and improve operational performance. We will share recent multiple large-scale initiatives to improve education around supply chain issues and practice for utilization of disposable/implantable supplies.
- Describe common issues for OR supply chain management.
- Describe the systems and processes used to manage the OR supply chain.
- Describe the informatics platforms and systems used, specifically enhancements undertaken to improve data sharing and transparency.
- Demonstrate processes undertaken to both help with reprocessing and minimizing impact on the environment.
- Demonstrate processes undertaken to increase data collection, data sharing, and meaningful use of data to engage surgeons and staff towards more effective workflow.