Nurse Educator Update
Strategy, Tips, and Tools to Improve Outcomes 7.5 CH
Saturday, March 29, 2014
8am - 5pm
Speaker: Michele Deck, MEd, BSN, RN, LCCE, FACC
As a nurse educator, you must meet the needs of a diverse group of learners and then make sure that they can apply what they’ve learned consistently. How do you make learning stick? In this certificate program, you will network with both new and seasoned educators who share the same dilemmas and challenges. If your role as an educator is one of your many hats, this session will help you focus on what you need to do.
In this highly interactive session you will learn how to:
- Improve your own teaching and presentation skills
- Structure the before, during, and after learning process
- Effectively teach with guests, vendors, and interprofessional partners
- Assess for learning needs in conjunction with evaluation plans
- Make mandatory education more fun
- Use new teaching methods for face-to-face meetings of 15-, 30-, and 60-minute formats
- Implement activities to appeal to a diverse group of learners
- Determine if the problem is a lack of compliance and how to manage and who should manage the problem.
Invite your educator colleagues to attend this program with you. Discover the synergy that results when educators work together.
Participants will have the opportunity to work together in small groups. Each participant will receive a book authored by this presenter, which will be a great resource for you. Do not miss the opportunity to spend the day with Michele, a nationally known expert presenter and teacher. She will energize you to renew your resolve to take on the challenges of the educator role.