Perioperative Nursing Informatics Specialty Assembly
Log in to your specialty assembly on ORNurseLink
Nurses who specialize in or are interested in computer technology, internet interactions, or career opportunities in perioperative nursing informatics.
- Increase awareness of the transaction that occurs between the nurse and the patient in the perioperative environment in a way that can be analyzed and documented.
- Promote the visibility of the unique nursing contribution to patient outcome through the use of nursing informatics to communicate and codify nursing activities.
- Actively promote education that addresses the informatics field.
- Facilitate global dissemination of perioperative nursing informatics and information.
- Facilitate the application of perioperative nursing research using nursing informatics, standards, and data.
- Support the formulation and implementation of the perioperative nursing data set (PNDS).
This assembly will be of interest to you if you are interested in finding more out about the nursing informatics specialty or if you are an experienced nurse in informatics who would like to compare notes with others. Many times, consultants, managers, administrators, nurse educators, and staff nurses join this group to find out more about information technology.
A goal of the Perioperative Nursing Informatics (PONI) Specialty Assembly, which is composed of a coalition of perioperative nurses operating within the jurisdiction of and in collaboration with AORN, is to promote communication among RNs with similar work interests.
2013-2014 Coordinating Council
Chair - Marion McCall, RN, BBA, CNOR, CPHIT
Past Chair - Pauline Robitaille, RN, MSN, CNOR
Communication Chair - Theresa Jasset, RN, MSM, CNOR
Education Chair - Andi Dewes, RN, CNOR
Professional/Practice Issues Chair - Martha Rush, BSN, RN, CNOR
AORN CNP Staff Liaison - Denise Downing, RN, MS, CNOR
AORN Board Liaison - Denise Jackson, MSN, RN, CNS, CRNFA
AORN Staff Consultant - Debbie Robichaud Stephen
As a member of this assembly, you can contact any member of the coordinating council via email using your AORN username and password through ORNurseLink.
AORN's specialty assemblies on ORNurseLink are a great member benefit. Access is free to all members who belong to a specialty. The web communities provide a convenient method for all members to share information, post documents, and participate in discussions. You can contact the members of the coordinating council through the community as well. To access your specialty community, you will need your AORN login and password.
AORN Customer Service can assist you in becoming a member of any specialty assembly today!
Contact us with questions about your specialty assembly.