Chapter Excellence Awards Application
- Review sample application and sample PowerPoint presentation. (To view PPT, click on Slide Show tab, then From Beginning.) Thanks to AORN of Treasure Valley, 2013 Chapter of the Year, for providing these award-winning examples.
- Review application instructions for required items prior to completion.
- Decide the content support: additional essay or PowerPoint presentation
NOTE: Do not add music to PowerPoint presentation
- Review submission instructions and restrictions for electronic formats; submissions not adhering to these guidelines will be disqualified.
- All chapters must complete Sections A/B of the application. (See below for downloading of application page.) Please refer to AORN's updated Chapter Accountability Standards and Sample Financial Statement for questions related to required information in these sections.
- All chapters must select three (3) of five (5) measurable goals under Section C: Presentation Content. (See below for options and downloading of application pages.)
All chapters must complete the essay portions of Section C. The digital materials content support in Section D must reflect the essay portions in Section C of the application. For example, photos of the chapter helping at a local food bank would support Option 1: Community Involvement.
In the PowerPoint presentation, slides must be limited to six (6) per measurable goal. The last one (1) or two (2) slides must contain an overall summary of the presentation relating to content submitted under Section C and should follow order of measurable goal options, i.e. Option 1, Option 3, Option 5. (Suggestion: Provide summary or key points in a numbered or bulleted format.)
Instructions for Completing Application
- Download Sections A/B and save to your computer. Type in gray-shaded areas as required or copy and paste from a Word document.
- Download your three (3) selected content options under Section C and save to your computer. Type in gray-shaded areas as required or copy and paste from a Word document. Statement area is pre-formatted with 1.5 line spacing.
Sections A/B: Chapter Excellence Award Application
Section C: Content Options (select 3 content options below)
Content Option 1: Community Involvement
Content Option 2: Education
Content Option 3: Promotion of Perioperative Nurses Week
Content Option 4: Legislative Involvement
Content Option 5: Chapter Recruitment/Retention
Section D: Content Support - digital materials
Electronic Format Instructions and Restrictions:
- Maximum time limit on digital PowerPoint presentation is five (5) minutes.
Don't get carried away with graphics and fancy fonts in any PowerPoint presentations - keep it simple! Select from font styles that are easily readable such as Arial, Calibri, or Tahoma. Check out this helpful website; it contains ideas and tips for creating PowerPoint presentations. Remember... the content must support the essay portions of the application.
Two options are available for submitting your application.
Mail one (1) hard copy of Sections A/B, and three (3) total essays under Section C options, along with the additional essay (if applicable) or two (2) CDs of the PowerPoint presentation to:
Attn: Awards Committee
2170 S. Parker Rd Ste 400
Denver, CO 80231-5711
Deadline: Submission must be POSTMARKED by November 1, 2013.
E-mail Sections A/B, and three (3) total essays under Section C options, along with the additional essay (if applicable) or PowerPoint presentation to: AORN Chapter Awards
Deadline: Submission must be RECEIVED no later than 11:59pm on November 1, 2013.
Please contact the Awards Committee staff liaison with any questions regarding the application process.