58 Learning Modules. 500 Questions. 49 Contact Hours. Money Back Guarantee.
Prep for CNOR Online is a 4-month online course that guides you through:
- A pretest
- 58 learning modules covering CNOR exam subject areas
- Over 500 questions including reading assignments with “check your understanding” questions from:
- AORN's Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
- Scholarly websites
- Peer-reviewed journals
- 4-month eSubscription to AORN’s Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
- A practice exam that you can retake as many times as you’d like
- Test-taking strategies
Upon completion of this course, the perioperative nurse will be able to:
- Identify the governing body administering the CNOR credential.
- Apply test taking strategies for the CNOR examination.
- Discuss key components of the nursing process related to perioperative nursing.
- Identify critical thinking skills necessary to effectively practice perioperative nursing.
- Identify safety measures to maintain a sterile field throughout the perioperative stay.
- Identify nursing interventions to ensure a safe environment for the perioperative patient.
- Identify strategies to assist the perioperative patient during the administration of anesthesia.
- Recognize perioperative patient complications associated with acute or chronic conditions.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of a perioperative patient's changing condition.
- Describe the role of the perioperative RN in emergent or crisis situations in the perioperative period.
- Identify components of effective hand-off communication.
- Identify the perioperative RN's role as patient advocate.
- Examine perioperative concerns for special populations of perioperative patients.
- Discuss unique perioperative care for minimally invasive and ambulatory procedures.
- Discuss the perioperative RN's role in patient and family education.
For more information please call (800) 755-2676.
Learners receive 49 Contact Hours after passing the Post Test with a score of at least 90%. Contact hours expire 5/1/17.
This course is approved for 49 hours of AEU Credit by BASC Provider #0102.
AEU credit is available upon request only by contacting Experience Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-755-2676.
Course Length and Extension
This course is accessible for 4 months from the date of enrollment. If an extension is needed, there is a $50 fee per month, with a maximum extension of 4 months. Extension months must be consecutive. Please call Experience Services at 800-755-2676 to request an extension.
Visit Computer Specifications for Online Learning to learn about minimum system requirements for computer hardware and software used to take AORN online courses.