Sharps Safety Tool Kit
The Sharps Safety Tool Kit includes new resources to help perioperative professionals reduce the risk of sharps injuries in the OR. These tools are available in a customizable format which can be edited to meet your facility's needs. Contact hours available upon completion of the evaluation form.
Sharps Safety Tool Kit
- Education PowerPoint for Scrub Personnel
- OR Sharps Safety Checklist
- Facility Sharps Safety Checklist
- Sample ASC Sharps Safety Plan
- Sharps Safety FAQs
- Needlestick Injury Response Poster and Template
- Reporting Prevention Poster and Template
- CDC Sharps Safety Poster
- Evidence-Based Practice Posters
- Sharps Safety On-Demand Webinar Recordings
- AORN Guidance Statement
- Sharps Safety Policies and Procedures
- Sharps Safety Education PowerPoints
- Implementation Plan for Trialing Blunt Suture Needles
- Sample Letter to Surgeons for OR Safety Compliance
- Sharps Injury Data Analysis Tool
- Selection of Sharps Injury Prevention Devices
- Video on Hands-Free Technique
- Plus, Sharps Safety Poster, Online Resources, and References
AORN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AORN is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 13019.
Copyright © 2012 AORN, Inc. All rights reserved. Except as noted herein, no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without prior written permission from AORN, Inc. Users are not permitted to use this content for commercial purposes. Users are permitted to copy and paste content and adapt it for use in their work settings. Permission for other uses may be sought directly from AORN, Inc., located in Denver, Colorado (USA), by contacting the Publications Department by email (email@example.com) or by fax 1-303-750-3441.
No responsibility is assumed by AORN, Inc. for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any standards, recommended practices, methods, products, instructions, or ideas contained in the material herein. Because of rapid advances in the health care sciences in particular, independent verification of diagnoses, medication dosages, and individualized care and treatment should be made. The material contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for the exercise of professional medical or nursing judgment The content in this publication is provided on an as is basis.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AORN, INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.