Key Takeways: Guideline for Laser Safety
Publish Date: October 13, 2021
TAKEAWAY: All components of the laser program apply to third-party laser vendors. (NEW)EXPLANATION:
- (NEW) The laser safety committee is responsible for overseeing all aspects of third-party laser services and defining the roles of the third-party representative. 20.2.
- (NEW) The Laser Safety Officer is responsible for:
- verifying all third-party operators are properly credentialed,
- verifying all third-party provided equipment is compatible with policies and procedures and governmental regulations,
- maintaining records on third-party operators’ education, and maintaining service records of third-party owned lasers. 20.3.
- Guideline Essentials: Get ready-to-use and customizable templates and tools for implementing the Laser Safety guideline.
- Clinical FAQs: Laser Safety
- Webinar: Laser: Guideline Update 2021 Replay (1 CH)
- AORN Journal CNE Articles:
Back to Basics: Laser Safety (1.2 CHs)
Free Resources for Members
eGuidelines +: Facility access to all AORN Guidelines and tools. Online
Get access to the entire Laser Safety Guideline, plus competency verification and gap analysis tools, at-a-glance libraries, and key takeaways.
Get a free eGuidelines Plus trial for your facility today.