Publish Date: July 12, 2021
AORN Members Approve Position Statements during June 30 Special Business Meeting
AORN President Holly Ervine, MSN, RN, NPD-BC, CNOR, and 2020-21 President David Wyatt, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, CNOR, led over 300 AORN members through a virtual Town Hall and Special Business Meeting on June 30, 2021.
Members were able to ask questions about education and networking planned for the AORN Expo coming up August 7 – 10 in Orlando, Florida, and learned about virtual attendance options and COVID safety protocols that will be in place in Orlando.
Members then heard from AORN Task Force chairs and staff leads on position statements before asking questions, engaging in discussion, and approving the following statements:
- AANA, AORN, ASPAN Position Statement on Workplace Civility
- AORN Position Statement on Perioperative Registered Nurse Residency Programs
- AORN Position Statement on Delegation in Perioperative Practice Settings
- AORN Position Statement on a Healthy Perioperative Practice Environment
- AORN Position Statement on Perioperative Safe Staffing and On-Call Practices
- AORN Position Statement on the Value of the Perioperative Nurse Educator
These member-approved position statements are posted on AORN’s website here.
AORN Past President and current Bylaws Committee chair Missi Merlino, MHA, RN-BC, CNOR, CSSM (E), then presented the bylaws committee’s recommendations for changes that will be discussed and voted on during the House of Delegates in Orlando this August. Bylaws information for the 2021 Congress is available here.
If you missed it, watch the meeting here.
More Free Resources for Members
AORN Journal CNE Articles:
- Safety First: Distractions in the OR Can Compromise Patient Care (1.1 CHs)
- Guideline Implementation: A Safe Environment of Care (1.6 CHs)
- Distractions in the OR Can Compromise Patient Care (1.1 CHs)