10 Things an Anaheim-Based Periop Nurse Is Thankful For
November 24, 2019 Tweet
A guest post from Melinda L. M. Nguyen, MSN, RN, PHN, CNOR
In honor of Thanksgiving and our Global Surgical Conference & Expo host city, Anaheim, we asked Melinda L. M. Nguyen, MSN, RN, PHN, CNOR, clinical informatics program manager at Providence St. Joseph Health Care in Anaheim, CA, what are the top 10 Anaheim experiences she is most thankful for.
- Being able to easily visit the “Happiest Place on Earth” at Disneyland/Disney California Adventure any day of the year.
- Visiting some of SoCal’s iconic food eateries like The Crab Cooker, Philippe the Original, and In-N-Out Burgers.
- Viewing the California Poppy “super bloom” in the Spring.
- Running through the historic Tustin Hangar each year at the Tustin Hangar Half Marathon.
- The variety of available fresh and healthy food and ethnic cuisines at farmers markets, restaurants, and food and wine festivals.
- Being able to easily visit the beach, or the mountains, or both on the same day.
- Endless summer weather—we are blessed with 281 days of sunshine every year and an average temperature of 80 degrees.
- The “Dancing Doc”—Tony Adkins, a pediatric neurosurgery physician assistant at Children’s Hospital of Orange County best known for his viral videos dancing with his patients.
- Meeting friends and colleagues at my local AORN chapter meeting—SoCal has six wonderful chapters.
- Looking forward to welcoming everyone to AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo, March 28–April 1 in Anaheim. Our city is hosting for the 10th time!
Anaheim offers an explosion of one-of-a-kind flavors, scenes, sights, and sounds. Create an unforgettable week enjoying creative cuisine, nightlife and limitless outdoor activities. There will be many things to do during your conference downtime.