Publish Date: January 13, 2019
Jump Start Your Career Fitness Plan. Is it time for you to get your career in better condition? Your career deserves the same care and attention you pay to your physical, spiritual and emotional health. AORN provides you with 24 hour career fitness, 365 days of the year. Turn to AORN’s multiple resources and tools to improve your career health today!
- Stay Informed - create a free job seeker account and set up a job alert. You will be notified by email when jobs meeting your specified criteria are announced. Bonus – AORN members receive a 48-hour exclusive preview of newly posted jobs. Job alerts are easy to set up and keep you updated on job openings in your area – whether you are looking for a job change or you are hiring perioperative nurses – stay current on the job market. Set up account and job alerts:
Also, stay informed and current by reading Periop Today’s job listings.
- Learn – What changes do you see in the industry? Are you seeing new and different titles or responsibilities for perioperative professionals? Can you learn from recruiting innovations that other organizations are employing to recruit and retain nurses? Read the job openings and promotions you see on the AORN Career Center from other organizations and find inspiration to implement creative solutions for your recruitment challenges. Or maybe you will find inspiration to act and discover a work culture that more closely aligns with your professional goals. Whether you are looking for “recruitment best practices” or looking for a career move and a work culture that fits you better – learning about the market will put you in a position of power to make the best career decisions. Use the AORN member exclusive “salary calculator” and see how your salary compares to the “average.” Review the 2018 Salary Compensation Report to understand trends in salary and benefit offerings for periop nurses.
- Educate – Educate yourself by reading professional development and career articles on the AORN Career Center. Continue your education with AORN learning options and attending and networking at the upcoming 2019 AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo in Nashville, April 6-9. Visit this website to view and research the healthcare organizations who will have booths at the 2019 Conference & Expo.
- Network – Insider information always gives one an advantage. Meet your peers and network at AORN chapter meetings, and AORN live events – such as the “Global Surgical Conference & Expo.” Making connections with your peers leads to new friendships, more fun at meetings, and trusted professionals to confer with over work issues. Attend the Global Surgical Conference & Expo and meet recruiters face-to-face from nearly 100 hospitals and ASCs. Register today.
- Grow – Consult with renowned career coach, Dr. Phyllis Quinlan, regarding professional issues and concerns. AORN members can take advantage of a complimentary 90-minute career coaching session. Coaching is not just about job changes, use your time with Dr. Quinlan to discuss any professional issue or concern, e.g., you may have a conflict with a co-worker that needs to be addressed in order to work more effectively.
Let the AORN Career Center support your career health 365 days a year. Contact Susan Becia, [email protected] for job seeker or employer assistance. 800-755-2676, x 434