The 2013 AORN House of Delegates passed an addition to the AORN Bylaws, Article IX, Section 1, that all “Chapters must meet the Chapter Accountability Standards.” These Standards ensure Chapters are self-sustaining in good business; respectable stewards for AORN’s funding; and noble representatives of AORN’s integrity, credibility, and professionalism.
Below are the individual 2017 Chapter Accountability Standards. Above is the Chapter Accountability Checklist PDF for your convenience. Please note that these Standards are for the calendar year January 1 to December 31, and must be submitted to AORN Chapter Services no later than December 31 of each year.
Please send all required documents/information to AORN Chapter Services or contact Experience Services at (800) 755-2676, if you have questions.
2017 Chapter Accountability Standards
- Provide proof (IRS confirmation email, PDF, etc.) of Chapter 990 filing with the IRS for tax year 2016
- Provide at least three (3) current officers in good standing
- Provide copy of your 2016 or 2017 Chapter bylaws with revised date and two dated signatures
- Provide copy of your Chapter Code of Ethics and Conduct with revised/reviewed date
You do not share chapter member contact information without member’s individual consent. Email and contact information are only used for Chapter and AORN-related business and informational purposes. Keep in mind that the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 requires you to respect any member’s wishes to opt-out of receiving email messages from your Chapter. Chapters with members in Canada must also follow Canada’s anti-spam legislation.
- Provide proof (copy of flyer, CE certificate, education calendar) of at least three education meetings with a minimum of three CEs annually
- Provide copy of three business meeting minutes
- Provide proof (URL address, screen shot) of your Chapter’s web page with current web content
- Do you provide full disclosure of your financials to all Chapter member? Yes/No
- Provide copy of most recent bank statement
- Provide copy of annual budget
- How many business meetings did your Chapter have between January 1 and December 31?
- Approximately how many people attended each meeting (on average)?
- How many education meetings did your Chapter have between January 1 and December 31?
- How many total Contact Hours did your chapter provide?
- Approximately how many people attended (on average)?
- Was your Chapter involved in any community activity/project? Yes/No
- If yes, provide information/documentation/pictures
- Does your Chapter provide academic scholarships for nursing students? Yes/No
- If yes, how many and what amount?
- How many members of your Chapter did you send to the AORN Global Surgical Conference and Expo 2017 as Chapter Delegates?
- Did anyone from your Chapter attend the 2017 Chapter Leader Workshop Yes/No
- If yes, how many people from your Chapter attended?