The applicant presented for outstanding achievement in perioperative clinical education must be an individual who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in perioperative clinical nursing education. The applicant must provide clinical education to perioperative nurses. The applicant presented in academic education must be an individual who is a perioperative nurse educator either in a clinical setting, or in an academic milieu and furthers perioperative nursing practice.
Examples might include but are not limited to:
- Starting a new perioperative education program
- Developing a student nurses program
- Developing a safety education program
- Developing a simulation program
- Managing an outstanding orientation or preceptor program
- Creating new education methods
- Educating health care professionals on AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
The application window for Individual Awards is currently closed.