Log in to your specialty assembly on ORNurseLink.
The Clinical Nurse Educator Specialty Assembly is open to nurse educators, academic faculty members, clinical nurse specialists, and all other perioperative nurses who are interested in learning more about teaching and learning strategies for staff development and patient teaching.
- Provide a forum for networking for nurse educators and other members interested in perioperative staff development and patient education.
- Unify perioperative nurse educators by maintaining a Specialty Assembly which is committed to promoting professional standards of perioperative nursing practice.
- Provide specialized educational programs for novice and experienced perioperative educators.
- Increase communication and collaboration among nurses who have similar work functions.
- Serve as a resource for perioperative leaders and AORN in the area of perioperative staff development and patient education.
- Promote safe patient care through the application of AORN's Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices.
2017-2018 Coordinating Council
Chair - Julie Mower, MSN, RN, CNS, CNOR
Past Chair - Eileen Ritmiller, RN, BSN
Communication Chair - Lisa Bailey, BS, RN, CNOR
Education Chair - Mary Mahabee-Betts, MSN, RN, CNOR
Professional/Practice Issues Chair - Daphny Peneza, MSN, RN, CNOR
AORN Board Liaison - Carrie Simpson, BSN, BA, RN, CNOR
AORN Staff Consultant - Maddie Cooper
AORN's specialty assemblies on ORNurseLink are a great member benefit. Access is free to all members who belong to a specialty. The web communities provide a convenient method for all members to share information, post documents, and participate in discussion threads. You can contact the members of the coordinating council through the commuities as well. To access your specialty community, you will need your AORN login and password.
AORN Experience Services can assist you in becoming a member of any specialty assembly today!