What is Periop 101 for Ambulatory Surgery Centers?
Ambulatory Periop 101 is a program used to train new perioperative nurses. It consists of 28 online learning modules, with two new modules specifically for the ambulatory customer that cover pre- and postoperative care of the patient in an ambulatory setting. Each learning module includes required reading and suggested videos from AORN's perioperative nursing video library. Ambulatory Periop 101 is designed as a blended program, to be given in conjunction with a clinical preceptorship.
Why Should I Offer Ambulatory Periop 101 to My Staff?
- Ambulatory Periop 101 is written by expert perioperative nurse-authors, peer-reviewed, and always current with the latest AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice.
- Offering evidence-based education to nurses has been shown to reduce staff turnover by as much as 25% and to improve nurse satisfaction. Outcomes like these will elevate your facility to employer-of-choice.
- Hospitals nationwide have used our evidence-based education program to recruit, educate, and retain new perioperative nurses since 1999.
- Participants who successfully complete this program will receive 43.3 nursing contact hours. Plus, students receive a complimentary one-year AORN membership.
The following modules are included in Ambulatory Periop 101:
- Clinical Reasoning
- Endoscopic and MIS
- Environmental Sanitation and Terminal Cleaning
- Hemostasis, Sponges, and Drains
- Medications and Solutions
- Patient and Family Education
- Perioperative Assessment
- Perioperative Health Care Information Management
- Perioperative Safety: Equipment Focus
- Perioperative Safety: Introduction
- Perioperative Safety: Patient Focus
- Positioning the Patient
- Preoperative Skin Antisepsis
- Safe Use of Surgical Energy
- Scrubbing, Gowning, and Gloving
- Sterile Technique
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- Surgical Draping
- Surgical Instruments
- The Perioperative Environment
- Transmissible Infection Prevention
- Wound Closure
- Wound Healing
- Preoperative Patient Care
- Postoperative Patient Care
How to Order Ambulatory Periop 101
This program is approved for 43.3 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102.
This program provides 43.3 contact hours.