Learn reliable practices for reducing patient harm as a result of deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
The goal of this module is to provide perioperative nurses with reliable practices to reduce the potential for patient harm as a result of DVT.
- Identify features of a health care organization-wide protocol for prevention of DVT.
- Identify DVT risk factors included in a preoperative patient assessment.
- Identify perioperative considerations regarding mechanical and pharmacologic prophylaxis.
- Identify items to include in preoperative and postoperative patient instructions.
- Distinguish between the types of health care organization policies regarding DVT.
To receive 1.2 contact hours for this course, you must achieve mastery of the content and submit an evaluation as instructed at the end of the course. This course contains 44 questions.
The 1.2 contact hours for this course will expire December 31, 2018.
This program is approved for 1.2 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102.
Visit Computer Specifications for Online Learning to learn about minimum system requirements for computer hardware and software used to take AORN online courses.