Minimize Risk and Prep for CAIP™ Certification
This infection prevention course meets the CMS requirements for infection control training in an ASC and follows the CMS Ambulatory Surgical Center Infection Control Surveyor Worksheet. Also, you may use this course to help you prepare for the first certification explicitly designed for the Infection Preventionist in the ASC setting – the Certified Ambulatory Infection Preventionist (CAIP™) exam.*
This course is updated to remain current with regulations and best practices as needed, and never less than every two years. Therefore, if you retake this course as a refresher for your infection control requirements, it is possible you will experience some of the same content which will reinforce what you may have already learned.
Prep for the exam and learn the standard observations and assessments frequently made during regulatory visits to ASCs. The five-module course focuses on:
- Hand Hygiene
- Environmental Infection Control
- Safe Injection Practices (following the CDC One & Only Campaign)
- Sterilization and Disinfection Part 1: Cleaning, Decontamination, and High-Level Disinfection
- Sterilization and Disinfection Part 2: Sterilization and Single-Use Device Reprocessing
Participants receive 6.8 Contact Hours after passing the Post Test in each module with a score of at least 80% and completing the Course Evaluation. Contact hours for this course will expire January 10, 2020.
This program is approved for 6.8 hours of AEU Credit by BASC Provider #0102. AEU credit is available upon request only by calling Experience Services at 800-755-2676.
This online course is accessible for four months from the date of enrollment.
* CAIP™ is offered by and is a registered trademark of the Board of Ambulatory Surgery Certification, which neither sponsors nor endorses this program. Visit their website for full exam requirements.