Guidelines Workshop Washington, D.C.
September 30, 2023
7:30am – 4:00pm ETRegister Now
Join us in Washington, D.C.
Location: The Westin Crystal City Reagan National Airport, 1800 Richmond Highway, Arlington, VA 22202
Local, interactive Guidelines Workshops are a perfect opportunity for any member of the perioperative team to develop their understanding of the latest AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice updates, learn tips for implementation, and experience hands-on demos of the latest OR technology.
- 1-day workshop with your local periop peers
- Earn 4.0 CH at education sessions led by AORN Guideline authors
- Explore technology and solutions for the OR while having some fun in the hands-on demonstration room
- Breakfast and lunch are included with your registration
- This is your opportunity to dialogue with the Guideline authors and understand the "why" behind the latest updates
- Have the chance to win registration to AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo 2024 in Nashville, TN – and other great prizes
- Surgical Site Preparation: Thinking Outside the Box
- Elevating Care with ERAS: A Nurse's Guide to Transformative Practice
- Why Can't We Stop Smoking? Creative Solutions to Surgical Smoke Evacuation Challenges
- RSI Challenge
- Proper Positioning: The Key to Preventing Pressure Injuries
Hands-On Product Demos
- Visit sponsors in the hands-on demo room to explore new products and solutions for the OR
- Get to know your local reps
- Have some fun with interactive challenges designed to test your knowledge
Meet the Speakers
Karen deKay, MSN, RN, CNOR, CIC
Senior Perioperative Practice Specialist
Karen deKay is a Senior Perioperative Practice Specialist at AORN. She is certified in perioperative nursing and infection control and has over twenty years of experience developing education.
Emily Jones, MSN, RN, CNOR, NPD-BC
Sr. Perioperative Practice Specialist
Emily authored the revisions to the AORN Guideline for surgical smoke safety and the AORN Guideline for prevention of venous thromboembolism.