Sterilization Academy - The Secret to Successful OR and SPD Collaboration
Are your OR and sterile processing departments working hand-in-hand to prevent surgical site infections?
AORN’s Nurse Executive Leadership Seminar is a small-group setting where experienced and emerging leaders from the OR, SPD, GI Lab, and Infection Prevention will openly and candidly discuss industry-wide issues, share best practices, and problem-solve together.
Strategy discussions will include:
- Collaboration between OR, SPD, GI Lab, and Infection Prevention to prevent surgical site and scope-related infections
- Improving sterilization and high-level disinfection (HLD) processes using evidence-based procedures
- Methods to evaluate the cleaning, decontamination, inspection, and sterilization of instruments and HLD of scopes
- Identification of role responsibilities of the OR, SPD, and GI Lab staff for processing of instruments and scopes
- Best practices to collaborate, educate, empower, and engage all members of the team to achieve quality outcomes
Speaker: Constance J. Cutler, RN, MS, CIC, FSHEA, FAPIC, Manager, Infection Prevention, Loyola Medicine MacNeal Hospital, Berwyn, IL
To maximize open discussion, seminar attendance is limited to perioperative nurses and related health care personnel currently employed and working in a surgical setting. Individuals working as independent consultants or as employees of medical device and other companies are ineligible to attend.
Where will you attend? Register today.
|Chicago||Thursday, September 13||Sold Out|
|Baltimore||Tuesday, September 25||Sold Out|
|Newark (Wayne)||Thursday, September 27||Sold Out|
|San Diego||Tuesday, October 2||Sold Out|
|San Rafael||Tuesday, October 9||Sold Out|
|Philadelphia||Thursday, October 11||Sold Out|
|Cincinnati||Tuesday, October 16||Sold Out|
|Pittsburgh||Thursday, October 18||Sold Out|
|Atlanta||Tuesday, October 30||Sold Out|
|Dallas||Thursday, November 1||Sold Out|
Not a member? Join AORN to receive 20% off your event registration.