August 23, 2018
Speaker: Byron L. Burlingame, MS, RN, BSN, CNOR
Tune into this webinar about the new AORN Guideline for Design and Maintenance of the Surgical Suite which replaces the Guideline for Safe Environment of Care Part 2. Perioperative RNs will increase their knowledge of design and construction, daily operations (eg, actions to take when temperature and humidity regulators, or any utility, is not properly functioning), and restoration of the OR after a utility failure.
- Describe the revised requirements for the unrestricted, semi-restricted, and restricted zones of the surgical suite.
- Identify the security zones within the surgical suite.
- Explain the four zones within the operating room.
- List the responsibilities of the perioperative RN during construction.
- Describe steps to follow after a utility failure.
Member Price: Free
Non-member Price: $11