The Competency and Credentialing Institute (CCI) Evidence-Based Practice Grant is for graduate students in a practice-focused doctoral degree (DNP) program.
To support qualified nurses to implement patient-centered, evidence based practice in perioperative care that promotes practice or system changes and improves patient and or organizational outcomes that contributes to nursing. One grant will be given for implementation of an evidence-based scholarly project that promotes practice and system changes and improves patient or organizational outcomes required to earn a practice-focused Doctoral degree (DNP).
The 2018 application is closed and will reopen in Spring 2019.
Funds for this grant are provided jointly by the AORN Foundation and the Competency and Credentialing Institute (CCI).
- Principal Project Lead is required to be a registered nurse (with a current unrestricted license) in the perioperative setting or a registered nurse who demonstrates interest in or significant contributions to perioperative nursing practice.
- At a minimum, the Principal Project Lead must hold an earned master's degree or have completed candidacy requirements in a BSN-to-DNP or DNP program.
- Principal Project Lead must be enrolled in practice-focused doctoral degree program.
- Principal Project Lead must provide evidence that the proposed project has been approved by their scholarly project committee and that Institutional Quality Committee or equivalent has been obtained, where applicable.
- Membership in the AORN organization or certification by CCI is acceptable but not required.
- All relevant topics that make a significant contribution to the science of nursing will be considered.
- Allocation of funds is based on the quality of the scholarly evidence-based practice project.
HOW TO APPLY
Contact for application and further information.
Lisa Spruce, RN, DNP, ACNS, ACNP, ANP, CNOR, FAAN
Director, Evidence-Based Perioperative Practice
Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
2170 S. Parker Road, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80231-571
303.755.6304 ext. 207
800.755.2676 ext. 207