This electronic publication is designed for sterile processing teams. It includes 8 of the AORN Guidelines, the AORN Position Statement on Perioperative Staffing, and a variety of tools comprising 22 policy and procedure templates, 25 competency verification tools, 4 crosswalks from the AORN Guidelines to AAMI Standards, and 3 job descriptions.
The eBook has special features you can use to:
- Download to two devices. For example, you can download the eBook to your desktop and your smartphone. Your bookmarks and notes will seamlessly stay in sync on both devices.
- Search for content. Keywords are highlighted for easy reference.
- Directly link to implementation tools. Links to valuable and relevant tools like videos, webinars, and tool kits.
- Bookmark your favorite content. You'll never lose your place.
- Highlight content and take notes. Use the pen tool to mark up the page.
- Share pages with friends. Available on Apple devices only.
- Navigate offline. An internet connection is not required after content is downloaded.
You'll also find a link that gives you the option to download the tools described above, which are customizable Word documents.
eBook Includes 8 AORN Guidelines
- Guideline for Environmental Cleaning
- Guideline for Hand Hygiene
- Guideline for Surgical Attire
- Guideline for High-Level Disinfection
- Guideline for Cleaning and Care of Surgical Instruments
- Guideline for Selection and Use of Packaging Systems for Sterilization
- Guideline for Sterilization
- Guideline for Processing Flexible Endoscopes (updated for 2016)
Read Your eBook in 3 Simple Steps
- Purchase the eBook.
- Download the free AORN eBooks mobile app on up to two devices (you'll receive an email with download and activation instructions after your purchase).
- Log in to the app using your AORN username and password, open the eBook and begin reading.
NOTE: AORN eBook products cannot be returned or refunded.