Historically, perioperative registered nurses have played a critical role in providing a clean environment for patients undergoing operative or other invasive procedures. In recent years, researchers have developed an increasing awareness of the role of the environment in the development of health care-associated infections and transmission of multidrug-resistant organisms (MDROs).
Get the resources you need to implement AORN’s Guidelines for Environmental Cleaning to ensure optimal outcomes for all patients at your facility.
- Environmental Cleaning Hot Topics Forum
- Environmental Cleaning in Ask a Nurse
- Room cleaning protocols in Ask a Nurse
- Cleaning medication refrigerator in Ask a Nurse
- Terminal cleaning in Ask a Nurse
- Implementing AORN Recommended Practices for Environmental Cleaning *
- RP Summary: Recommended Practices for Environmental Cleaning *
- Back to Basics: Environmental Cleaning
* Included with AORN membership. Requires login.