Read It. See It. Do It.
The Guideline Implementation Workshops use a variety of learning techniques throughout the day to ensure all participants learn the concepts, techniques, and proper implementation of the Guidelines.
During the didactic portions, the Guideline authors explain the science behind the creation of the guideline and explain the “how” and “why.” The hands-on portion provides attendees the opportunity to participate in product demonstrations and put what they’ve learned into practice.
There are Guideline Implementation Workshops around the country. Which one will you be attending?
Added Benefits of Attending
In addition to learning the proper way to implement AORN’s Guidelines for perioperative practice, attendees of these exclusive and highly interactive events will:
- Have multiple opportunities to win a free AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo 2018 in festive New Orleans ($615 value)
- Interact with the Guideline authors and learn how to implement the latest changes in select AORN Guidelines
- Participate in hands-on product demonstrations that align with the AORN Guidelines
- Receive 4 CHs
- A 12-month e-subscription to AORN’s Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
- Receive a custom designed coffee tumbler as a registration gift
- Have the opportunity to apply their registration fee toward an AORN membership*
- Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast and boxed lunch
The 2017 topics have been updated and revised from 2016. So, if you attended in 2016, you can expect to learn new techniques and implementation methods at the 2017 workshops.
Prevention of Hypothermia
Hemostatic Agents and Sealants
Flexible Endoscope Processing
Pressure Injury Prevention
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Healthmark Industries Co., Inc.
Smith & Nephew
11/4 San Diego
- Start time: 7am
- End time: 4pm
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Parking instructions, meeting rooms, and other important event information will be emailed to attendees as the event gets closer
This program is approved for 4.0 hours of AEU credits by BASC Provider #0102.
* This promotion is valid only on the day of the Guidelines Implementation Workshop when you join or renew and cannot be applied to Student and Retired memberships or the monthly and quarterly installment payment options.