Read it. See it. Do it.
The Guideline Implementation Workshops use a variety of learning techniques throughout the day to ensure all participants learn the concepts, techniques, and proper implementation of the Guidelines.
During the didactic portions, the Guideline authors explain the science behind the creation of the guideline and explain the “how” and “why.” The hands-on portion provides attendees the opportunity to participate in product demonstrations and put what they’ve learned into practice.
There are Guideline Implementation Workshops around the country. Which one will you be attending?
Added Benefits of Attending
In addition to learning the proper way to implement AORN’s Guidelines for perioperative practice, attendees of these exclusive and highly interactive events will:
- Have multiple opportunities to win a free AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo 2018 in festive New Orleans ($615 value)
- Interact with the Guideline authors and learn how to implement the latest changes in select AORN Guidelines
- Participate in hands-on product demonstrations that align with the AORN Guidelines
- Receive 4 CHs
- A 12-month e-subscription to AORN’s Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
- Receive a custom designed coffee tumbler as a registration gift
- Have the opportunity to apply their registration fee toward an AORN membership*
- Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast and boxed lunch
The 2017 topics have been updated and revised from 2016. So, if you attended in 2016, you can expect to learn new techniques and implementation methods at the 2017 workshops.
- Pressure Injury Prevention. Learn to prevent this common problem that causes significant pain to patients and adds to health care delivery costs.
- Flexible Endoscope Processing. When is the last time you took a deep dive into your flexible endoscope processing process? Do your competency checklists contain all of the steps to prevent the transmission of infection? Attendees will be provided the most up-to-date information and tools that they can take back to their facility and implement immediately.
- Prevention of Retained Surgical Items. Does the thought of being summoned into court for a retained item keep you up at night? Join us for a mock trial to see if you can identify the top actions to prevent a retained sponge. Does your current policy contain all of the barriers needed to prevent an RSI event? Learn how other hospitals found out the hard way that even by following the policy, they experienced a Sentinel Event.
- Skin Antisepsis. Work with other perioperative RNs to determine how to handle the top 5 challenges for skin preps, including alternative antiseptic selection for patients with iodine allergies!
- Start time: 7am
- End time: 4pm
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Parking instructions, meeting rooms, and other important event information will be emailed to attendees as the event gets closer
This program is approved for 4.0 hours of AEU credits by BASC Provider #0102.
* This promotion is valid only on the day of the Guidelines Implementation Workshop when you join or renew and cannot be applied to Student and Retired memberships or the monthly and quarterly installment payment options.
Westin Cleveland Downtown
777 Saint Clair Ave NE
Cleveland, OH 44114
6100 N River Rd.
Rosemont, IL 60018
Want More Workshops?
Check out our Guideline Implementation Workshops: Green Series. Topics include prevention of hypothermia, tissue sealants and hemostatic agents, flexible endoscope processing, and pressure injury prevention.