Get the resources you need to implement AORN’s Guidelines for providing a Safe Environment of Care (Part I) related to patients, perioperative personnel, and the equipment used in the perioperative environment.They include information on:
- musculoskeletal injury
- fire safety
- electrical equipment
- clinical and alert alarms
- blanket- and solution-warming cabinets
- medical gas cylinders
- waste anesthesia gases
- chemicals including methyl methacrylate bone cement
- hazardous waste
- Implementing AORN Recommended Practices for a Safe Environment of Care (August 2013) *
- RP Summary: Recommended Practices for a Safe Environment of Care (August 2013) *
- What can I find in the Recommended Practices for a Safe Environment of Care?
- Protecting Surgical Patients and Healthcare Workers Through a Safe Environment of Care
- Surgical Fire Prevention and Management Webinar
* Included with AORN membership. Requires login.