Get the resources you need to implement AORN’s Guidelines for providing a Safe Environment of Care (Part II) related to patients and perioperative personnel and the equipment used in the perioperative environment.
They include information on:
- design of the building structure
- movement of patients, personnel, supplies, and equipment through the suite
- safety during construction
- environmental controls (eg, heating, ventilation, air conditioning [HVAC])
- maintenance of structural surfaces
- power failure response planning
- control of noise and distractions
* Included with AORN membership. Requires login.